This wiki is retired
All wiki content available in read-only mode at wiki.flashrom.org
Before you set up a MinGW/MSYS build environment, note that you can find snapshot downloads at http://ra.openbios.org/~idwer/flashrom/mingw/
This is a tutorial on how to build flashrom on Windows using MinGW/MSYS.
In order to build flashrom and various of its dependencies, we need a UNIX-like environment on Windows, which is provided by MinGW/MSYS.
- Download the latest version (20110530 currently) of the automated MinGW installer named mingw-get-inst (double-click the installer *.exe, which will download and install all components).
- Make sure you enable "MinGW Compiler Suite", "C++ compiler", "MSYS Basic System", and "MinGW Developer Toolkit" in the installer.
- For simplicity it's recommended to leave the default install location of c:\MinGW unchanged.
Now open a MinGW shell via Start/Programs/MinGW/MinGW Shell and do the following:
$ mingw-get update $ mingw-get install msys-wget msys-unzip
- Download and execute libusb-win32-devel-filter-188.8.131.52.exe.
- Download and extract libusb-win32-bin-184.108.40.206.zip.
- Copy usb.h to /usr/local/include.
- Install libftdi. The easiest method is probably to use the libftdi-0.18_mingw32.zip binaries from here.
- Extract the ZIP file into a temporary directory.
- Copy dll/libftdi.dll to /usr/local/bin.
- Copy lib/libftdi.a and lib/libftdi.dll.a to /usr/local/lib.
- Copy include/ftdi.h to /usr/local/include.
Checkout the flashrom source code from svn (e.g. using TortoiseSVN), then:
$ cd flashrom $ make